|'The Beeb'. Modified Reslo microphones by Xaudia|
Back in the 1950s and 60s, the BBC published a number of R&D reports on ribbon microphones. Here's what they had to say about the humble Reslo RB...
It seemed possible, that a few simple modifications might result in an appreciable improvement in response..."
They recommended a number of modifications, which included....
- Swapping the transformer to one with higher primary inductance,
- Conversion from 50 ohm to 300 ohm output,
- Fitting a more open interior mesh,
- Removing the cloth around the ribbon motor,
- And reversing the motor assembly so that the ribbon element is at the front.
|Reslos with XLR upgrade|
We have a very limited number of these mics for sale. Alternatively we can upgrade your own mic to these specifications. Please get in touch for details.